Changes to the Program
Version 2012.1.0: June 17, 2012
- Added an option that renames all layer names with the
same name followed by a unique number ranging from 1 to N (where N
is the total number of layers).
- An image larger than the DEM landscape can be used as
the UV texture.
- Edit boxes were added so that boundaries of a small
section or region of a DEM landscape can be set accurately.
- Fixed a problem for material attributes where the integer
value was not always properly calculated when converting the floating
point value to the integer value.
- Added a root Component to the exported MDL file to fix
the 'root not found' error that STK displays when it reads a MDL file
that does not have a root Component.
Version 2012.0.0: March 7, 2012
- Incorrect handling of network file paths was fixed.
- The algorithm for creating extrusions based on the VRML
Extrusion node has been modified to prevent unwanted rotation of the
spine-aligned cross-section plane around the Y axis. An option was
also added to make miter joints at the spine points.
- Added an option to the TrueType Font extrusion module
so that the only vertices used for the converted text will be the original
B-spline control points for the glyphs.
- Added an option to the TrueType Font extrusion module
so that the height of the characters is based on the original vertex
coordinates defined for the glyphs.
- Added an option to the TrueType Font extrusion module so that the
height of the converted text string is based on the height of all characters
in the text string.
Version 2.13.0: December 18, 2011
- Modified XYZ file support for a new feature that could
be called XYZZ where the first Z is for a top surface and the second
Z is for a bottom surface. When a XYZZ file is read a watertight mesh
is automatically created.
- Added reading of embedded textures from XGL and ZGL
- Added reading and writing of embedded textures for VRML
- Added support for reading Collada DAE and Google Earth
Version 2.12.3: January 15, 2011
- Fixed a problem where the default layer color was set
to black instead of white.
- Fixed a problem in the File Extensions dialog box that
displayed the file extensions incorrectly
Version 2.12.2: January 2, 2011
- Added support for writing KMZ files for Google Earth.
Version 2.12.1: October 3, 2010
- Added an option that uses the OpenGL view window to convert a 3D
mesh to 2D lines which are outlines drawn around the outer edges of
all visible layers. The lines will be in the XY plane placed
at Z equals zero.
- When converting a DEM landscape to a polygon mesh, an
option was added to drop from the mesh those polygons that are just
at sea level while keeping all polygons below sea level.
- Added support for using an OpenGL off-screen PBuffer
(Pixel Buffer) instead of using the main OpenGL view window when creating
images for some use which means that the main OpenGL view window can
be partially or completed covered during the operation.
Version 2.12.0: June 24, 2010
- Added initial support for reading and writing modo LXO
files plus batch creation of clip maps which are saved to modo LXL
- Fixed a problem where some 3DMF files were not read.
- Reading DXF files: fixed problems where elevations were
not being added to the POLYLINE entity in versions R13 and newer and
constant width was not being used for the LWPOLYLINE entity.
Version 2.11.7: January 19, 2010
- Fixed several small problems.
Version 2.11.6: October 9, 2009
- Added scroll bars to the main window and various dialogs
so that the windows will display on laptop computers using screen resolutions
less than 1024 by 768 pixels.
- Adjust object module: When the 'rotate about origin'
feature is selected the coordinate system axes will display in the
center of the view window and the 3D object will disappear out of the
view window if it is far enough away from the origin. Added an option
to turn off the display of the axes so that the 3D object appears in
the center of the view window.
- Added an option to display a background image in the
OpenGL view window.
- Added an option to save UV texture coordinates when
saving clip map objects to LWO files.
- Reduce polygons module: calculations are slightly faster
and four radio buttons control how many vertices are added or deleted
for each movement of the scroll button.
- Stage was modified. A texture image can be displayed
on the stage and the stage can be used outside of the 'Avatar and Animation'
Version 2.11.5: August 18, 2009
- Toolbar changes: revised icons, added a popup toolbar
and a toolbar under the Tool Palette, added variable gaps between the
buttons and increased the custom toolbar layouts from 1 to 5.
- Added an optional lock to block the reset of the camera
pivot point to the center of the object by clicking the middle mouse
button with the cursor over an empty area of the view window.
- Added an option that allows the camera to rotate around
the local coordinate system of the 3D object.
- Added additional light parameters for output to a Kerkythea
- Added a new control that simulates holding down the
'ctrl' key when using keyboard shortcuts.
- Added an option that allows polygons to be hid temporarily
to see inside a mesh for the 'Modify Quads', 'Triangle Delete', 'Triangle
Fracture' and 'Triangle Relocation' modules.
- Layers for 'holes' and 'shared edges' created from one watertight
check are automatically deleted when the next watertight check is done
if the names of those layers have not been changed.
- Added an option so that text from a DXF or VRML file
can be saved to a DXF file as either 3D objects or as DXF TEXT entities.
- Added an option so that text in a VRML file can be converted
to 3D objects.
Version 2.11.4: June 1, 2009
- Added an option so that an alpha channel mask can be
saved to a Kerkythea scene file for each PNG image from a Chief Architect
Version 2.11.3: May 5, 2009
- Fixed a problem where long texture file names were being
truncated when reading VRML files.
Version 2.11.2: May 2, 2009
- Added support for RWX avatar tag numbers from 55 to
- Added support for VRML files including lights and cameras
that were written by Chief Architect.
- Added writing of Kerkythea XML files. Camera and lights
from a VRML 2 (97) file are written to the XML file.
Version 2.11.1: February 16, 2009
- Blocked warning messages about quads that should not
have been displayed during the building of DXF regions and exploded
Version 2.11.0: February 11, 2009
- The help file was transferred to HTML Help from WinHelp
so that the help file can be displayed on computers using the Vista